The contest entitled “Focus on Nurses and Health Promotion” is being launched to collect and share photographs best representing culturally valid images of healthy behaviour and how nurses and nursing are actively promoting healthy lifestyles to turn back the tide of non-communicable diseases (NCDs) globally.
Contest participants are asked to submit photographs depicting, from a nurse’s perspective, what constitutes healthy behaviours and examples of cultivating lifelong health in their respective countries/cultures.
Photographs can include:
- Examples of nursing outreach campaigns for healthy living in your community/region
- Examples of nurses promoting healthy living through nursing interventions, tools and activities
- Examples of healthy nutrition in your country
- Examples of easily accessible physical activity in your country
- Examples of people taking the right steps toward healthy living
Who can participate?
Given the contest’s focus on showcasing the role of nursing in the prevention of NCDs, participation is limited to nurses and nursing students from around the world. To be eligible participants must:
- Be a registered nurse or nursing student
- Be at least 18 years of age